PEXA provides a secure platform for the electronic transfer of funds and lodgement of Land Registry documents.
Using PEXA will provide tangible efficiencies to the finance industry, including:
- Reducing the time spent preparing instruments
- Removing the need to physically attend settlement
- Reducing manual errors and failures in land transactions
- Removing the need for bank cheques
- Real-time lodgement of Land Registry documents
What can you do on PEXA?
By joining PEXA, Financial Institutions can:
To see a PEXA transfer in action, from the perspective of a Financial Institution, watch this video
PEXA in action
"The Westpac eSettlements team recently received a priority request to complete a refinance settlement urgently for one of our customers. Within 12 minutes of receiving the request, the team negotiated with the other FI to settle the same day. Settlement was completed and all documents successfully registered in PEXA 90 minutes after receiving the initial request. Now that’s digitisation in action and the very core of what eConveyancing is all about and the benefits it provides"
Lynne Carter, Executive Manager, Westpac
Who's joined PEXA already?
The following banks and Financial Institutions (FIs) have already joined the network:
|Australian Settlements Ltd (ASL)||n/a|
Before joining PEXA, Financial Institutions (FIs) should consider how they wish to access PEXA.
The access models available to Financial Institutions are:
- Direct Subscriber Model
- The FI accesses PEXA directly
- Representative Subscriber Model
- The FI is represented by another PEXA Subscriber who acts on behalf of that FI in PEXA
- Sub-Contractor Model
- The FI outsources its PEXA processing to a third party to act on its behalf in PEXA, using the FI's credentials and Digital Certificate(s)
The below table provides an overview of the settlement model options available to FIs that join PEXA:
|Financial Settlement (payment integrated)||Financial Settlement (non-payment integrated)||Discharge only model||Standalone model|
|This model allows a FI to participate in all transaction types, including the ability to offer use of practitioners’ statutory trust accounts||This model allows FIs to participate in refinances and transfers (in the role of a lender only)||This model allows a FI to participate in a refinance or transfer transaction, in the role of outgoing mortgagee||
This model enables a FI to perform standalone PEXA transactions, e.g. lodge and discharge mortgages, lodge caveats, etc...
Contact usTo learn more, or to discuss joining PEXA, please contact Marielle Yeoh (Executive General Manager, Financial Institutions):